Monday, February 25, 2008

Gospel Heritage Conference

I just returned from being out of my office all week attending the Gospel Heritage Foundation conference. I am totally exhausted but it was an incredible week! I will post some photos later today when things calm down in my office. Everyone in gospel was there! I always enjoy this conference for a few reasons:

1. It allows me to volunteer my team and be mentored. I often am asked to mentor people and I share with them that the best way to spend time with someone you want to mentor you, is to volunteer your time in their offices or at an event. I have had the priviledge of working with Dr. Teresa Hairston in a variety of capacities but always "sow" my time and talents to her during this conference.

2. It gives me the opportunity to meet new people, reconnect with old industry friends and just to see what's happening in the industry. I always tell people that it is so important to attend industry events. This is an incredible opportunity to network. I met quite a few people that were ready with business cards and CD samplers in hand! Way to go! I actually taught a session with Traci Artis of Zomba and Willie Mae McIver of ABC Rejoice Radio. The class topic was "Maximizing Your Ministry through Marketing". It was incredible. The tips that were shared were priceless. A couple of the attendees shared that it was worth the entire cost of the trip just to attend this session. There were over 40 classes offered so I can assure you that whatever your needs were, they were met.

In wrapping up, make it a point now to identify at least one conference that can speak to your "business" needs and plan to attend.

Remember... Excellence Matters!
R

No comments: